Every person deserves to be part of a community and live a connected life. However some people experience barriers that make it hard to be included.
One of the ways EPIC helps to break down those barriers is by running a diverse range of events and activities designed to engage everyone – all abilities, all ages and all cultures.
Where possible we work in partnership with local organisations and businesses to be able to reach more people and build community strength and resilience. Last year we held 33 events throughout the Pilbara with a combined attendance of over 8,000 people including:
- Community Holiday Programs
- Careers Expo
- Karratha Science Engagement Network activities
- Disability Awareness Week events
- Community Christmas events
- Coles – SecondBite
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Day
- Diversity Dimensions
- Activities for carers
- Brett Johnston Memorial Day at Nickol Bay Speedway
“I love working at EPIC. It is truly satisfying to work as part of a team that is determined and passionate about helping others. Great successes are achieved here and it makes me smile to know that our combined efforts make a positive difference in our community. - Kath Armstrong, Community Support Adminstrator at EPIC”