EPIC are your local Workforce Development Centres throughout the Pilbara with offices in Karratha, Newman and Hedland.
The aim of the Workforce Development program is to assist individuals of any age and at any point throughout their lives to make informed educational, training and occupational choices. With staff who can provide objective and professional career guidance with the aim to help people make the right career choices. The Coordinators are able to work with clients in a group setting (through workshops), individually on a one-to-one basis, or over the phone.
All services undertaken by EPIC through the Workforce Development Program are FREE OF CHARGE and range from Pre-employment assistance to Career Guidance as outlined below:
- Pre-Employment Assistance
- Researching, developing and formatting resumes
- Provide information on how to access employment and training services in our region
- Career Assistance
- One on one Career Guidance
- Career Planning
- Examine what is required in the modern workplace
- Assist clients the recognise the skills they will need to gain employment
- Assistance with job applications
- Referrals to training providers and other services
- Access to online career development resources and tools
- Workshops that improve skills and assist in looking for work; and
- Computer & internet access for job seeking activities
- Interview Preparation
Whether our clients are just starting their career, re-entering the workforce, looking for a career change or still at school our trained and experienced staff can assist them.