The EPIC Resume Workshop program is designed for year 9 to year 12 students. The program is inclusive and is suitable for all students – we can adapt our delivery to suit your students and the resources you have to ensure all students get a chance to experience writing a resume.
- The school will identify suitable groups for the workshop (10-15 is an ideal number)
- A short presentation by EPIC about what is a resume and a how to guide to the basics of writing one
- Opportunity (if resources at school) for each young person who participates to work on a basic resume with EPIC staff assisting/guiding them in the career class
- Discussions around supporting work documents such cover letters and selection criteria/addressing job description letters
- EPIC will provide general resume templates on a USB for students to keep and handy tips for each section of the resume, including links to online resources
- Each student will have the opportunity to follow up the workshop by attending EPIC after school to have one – one guidance on updating their resume or emailing their resume to one of our career counsellors for feedback.
Run time; 1hr in both Karratha SHS and St Lukes College throughout the year with the year 10 students.