The speed dating style sessions will assist students in gaining confidence in talking with individuals about careers and career pathways and make different careers more familiar to them. They also have the opportunity to have insight into an individual role and will learn who they can talk to out of the school environment about careers, and begin their lifelong learning journey.
- EPIC invite local business people to be hosts, ‘speed careering’ with students in small groups for 4 minutes as they rotate around the room.
- EPIC provide prompt questions for students to help them feel more confident about asking the individuals about their career and pathways.
- Students will have an opportunity to talk with professionals about different career pathways in different industries and what their roles involve.
- School connect with local businesses and build a relationship with individuals for future career talks and work placement connections.
- Each student will have the opportunity to follow up session by attending EPIC after school to get guidance on career pathways and information on training.
- Afternoon tea is provided with the hosts so that students can ask further questions one to one if they would like.
Run time; 1hr in both Karratha SHS and St Lukes College throughout the year with the year 10 students.