About the role
EPIC is currently seeking a reliable and enthusiastic Aboriginal Liaison Officer to join our team. This position will be based in Newman on a fixed-term, part time basis with 15 hours of work per week over 3 days (to be determined with successful applicant).
You will be working with EPIC and local agencies to increase access to support and services for Aboriginal people who have a disability.
- Identify and assist Aboriginal people with a disability to access the NDIS support services in line with the Indigenous Support Program.
- Build relationships with Aboriginal people currently using our support services, and where appropriate, assist with identifying informal supports and/or refer to specialist and generic services.
- Develop appropriate resources that assist Aboriginal people with disabilities and their families to understand the NDIS.
- Develop positive working relationships with other organisations, businesses and other stakeholders with the aim of educating them on how best to provide their services to Aboriginal people who have disabilities and their families.
- Gather data on a daily basis and assist with quarterly reporting requirements.
- Local knowledge and connections with Aboriginal people living in the Pilbara.
- Sound computer skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills including verbal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work within policies and procedures and adhere to the concept of confidentiality.
- The opportunity for a rewarding career and supportive community based setting, working for a not-for-profit.
- Attractive package and leave entitlements.
- Salary sacrificing options.
You Will Need:
- A strong interest in supporting people with disabilities.
- A current ‘C’ class driver’s licence.
- A reliable vehicle that can be used for work purposes (covered by full comprehensive insurance).
- A current First Aid Certificate, or the ability to obtain one within three months of employment.
- A satisfactory Police Clearance that is no older than 3 months.
- Have a demonstrated understanding of the National Disability Service Standards.
Please apply below including your resume as well as a cover letter that demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the position.
For further information or to request a job description, please contact Brooklyn Noble, Corporate Services Coordinator, on 9185 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.