Empowering People in Communities (EPIC) Inc. is a well-established organisation that values diversity and believes in an inclusive community. At EPIC, we provide a wide range of services across the Pilbara from disability support to employment, career, community and parenting programs.
About the Role:
Share a home with a woman with a disability and provide support within her home and community. This position is full time for a 2 month fixed term contract commencing in June 2018.
- Provide care and support to a woman in her own home and community which include but is not limited to personal care, meal preparation, transport to appointments, domestic assistance and social support.
- Develop and maintain a strong and professional relationship with the woman, their family and EPIC’s Disability Services Coordinator; maintaining regular, open and honest communication.
- Follow the woman’s plan; take direction from the person we support, the family and EPIC’s Disability Services Coordinator whilst providing regular feedback on progress.
- Provide opportunities for the woman to positively experience recreational and social activities and free time in her home.
- Liaise with family, therapists, GP and other relevant parties to ensure health and wellbeing is maintained at a high level.
- Responsible for maintaining the household to a good living standard and undertake other household duties including but not limited to cleaning, washing, gardening and shopping while encouraging the woman to assist with these duties.
- Demonstrated value of respect for people with disability.
- Experience supporting people with a disability in a professional or informal capacity, or demonstrated values commensurate with those of EPIC. These include reliability, trust, consistency, being proactive and supporting inclusion for people with a disability.
- High level of verbal communication skills.
- Evidence of working as a positive team member with a high level of initiative and problem solving skills.
- The opportunity for a rewarding career in a creative and supportive community based setting, working for a not-for-profit.
- Attractive Package and leave entitlements.
- Salary sacrificing options.
- Airfare allowance.
You Will Need:
- Relevant experience/qualification to the Disability sector (desirable).
- A strong interest in supporting people with disabilities.
- A Current ‘C’ class Drivers Licence.
- A current First Aid Certificate, or the ability to obtain one within three months of employment.
- A satisfactory Police Check that is no older than 3 months.
Please apply below including your resume as well as a cover letter that demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the position.
For further information or to request a job description, please contact Brooklyn Noble, Corporate Services Coordinator, on 9185 1488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.