About the Role:
Share a home with young man who has a disability and support him within the home and the community. This position is full time over 4 days, with approximately 96 hours per week.
- Provide care and support to a young gentleman in his own home and community which include but are not limited to personal care, meal preparation, transport to appointments, domestic assistance and social support.
- Develop and maintain a strong and professional relationship with the gentleman, their family and Disability Coordinator; maintaining regular, open and honest communication.
- Implement the gentleman’s Individual Support Plan; take direction from him, the family and Disability Coordinator whilst providing regular feedback on progress.
- Provide opportunities for the gentleman to positively engage in recreational and social activities and free time in his home.
- Liaise with family, therapists, GP and other relevant parties to ensure health and wellbeing is maintained to a high level.
- Responsible for maintaining the household to a good living standard and undertake other household duties including but not limited to cleaning, washing, gardening and shopping while encouraging the gentleman to assist with these duties.
- Demonstrated value of respect for people with disability
- Experience supporting people with a disability/mental health in a professional or informal capacity, or demonstrated values commensurate with those of EPIC. These include reliability, trust, consistency, being proactive and supporting inclusion for people with a disability.
- High level of verbal communication skills.
- Evidence of working as a positive team member with a high level of initiative and problem solving skills.
- The opportunity for a rewarding career in a creative and supportive community based setting, working for a not-for-profit.
- Attractive package and leave entitlements.
- Salary sacrificing options.
- Airfare allowance.
You Will Need:
- Certificate III in Disability Work & Medication Administration training (desirable)
- A strong interest in supporting people with disabilities.
- A Current ‘C’ class Drivers Licence.
- A reliable vehicle that can be used for work purposes.
- A current First Aid Certificate, or the ability to obtain one within three months of employment.
- A satisfactory Police Check that is no older than 3 months.
Please apply below including your resume as well as a cover letter that demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the position.
For further information or to request a job description, please contact Brooklyn Noble, Corporate Services Coordinator, on 9185 0000 or email email@example.com
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.