Empowering People in Communities (EPIC) Inc. is a well-established not-for-profit organisation that specialises in improving employment outcomes together with Disabilities Support throughout the Pilbara. Our organisation is staffed by dedicated and committed people who work with individuals in a dignified and respectful way.
About the Role:
Share a home with a woman with a disability and provide support within her home and community.
This position will be rotated with another Residential Support Worker.
• Provide day to day care and support to a woman in her own home and community which include the following activities but are not limited to personal care, meal preparation, transport to appointments, domestic assistance, social support and administration of medication.
• Develop and maintain a strong and professional relationship with the woman and the Disability Service Coordinator; assisting her to maintain her community connections as well as maintaining regular, open and honest communication.
• Assist the woman to identify new opportunities for inclusion in community activities, skill development and self-direction.
• Assist her to develop friendships, informal supports and maintain existing relationships.
• Provide opportunities for her to positively experience recreational and social activities and free time in her home.
• Liaise with family, therapists, GP and other relevant parties to ensure health and wellbeing is maintained at a high level.
• Responsible for maintaining the household to a good living standard and undertake other household duties including but not limited to cleaning, washing, gardening, shopping while encouraging the woman to assist with these duties.
• Demonstrated value of respect, patience and empathy for people with disability.
• Experience supporting people with a disability in a professional or personal role, or demonstrated values commensurate with those of EPIC. These include reliability, trust, consistency, being proactive and supporting inclusion for people with a disability.
• Ability and willingness to uphold high standards of reliability.
• Be confident to undertake manual handling tasks.
• High level of verbal communication skills.
• Evidence of working as a positive team member with a high level of initiative and problem solving skills.
• The opportunity for a rewarding career in the Disability Sector working for a not-for-profit
• Attractive Remuneration Package
• Airfare Allowance
• Salary sacrificing options up to $15,899
• Healthy work life balance
• Training within the Disability Sector
You Will Need:
• A strong interest in supporting people with a disability.
• Experience in the disability sector or similar support role (desirable).
• A current Driver Licence.
• A current First Aid certificate, or be willing to obtain one within 60 days of employment.
• A satisfactory Police Check that is no older than 3 months.
Candidates with experience in a similar role will be highly regarded.