EPIC is a not for profit organisation operating in the Pilbara Region of Western Australia. EPIC stands for Empowering People In Communities and that is what we aim to do through a range of services that support many people to live a more connected life including disability services, career centres, parenting services and community programs.
Our team is committed to supporting people in the Pilbara Region to identify and achieve their goals in a respectful and culturally appropriate manner, and to explore every possible avenue for personal and community growth.
EPIC’s core values include reliability, trust, inclusion, consistency and being proactive and our vision is that all people are empowered and valued within the community.
As the Community Coordinator you will report to the Community Supervisor and be responsible for providing caring and supportive career development services to a diverse range of people.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet clients and assist them on the open access computers, provide one-on-one career guidance, resume development and training advice.
- Refer clients to other service providers when needed;
- Carry out a full range of administrative and coaching duties to ensure that the CRM is maintained and accurately recorded;
- Provide admin support to fellow staff and Community team with event planning, coordination and hands on delivery;
- Deliver career workshops within education facilities in line with contract outcomes,
- Undertake any other tasks as directed by the Community Programs Manager.
Experience and Selection Criteria
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Knowledge of career services / resume writing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Confident using Microsoft Office suite and other computer programs;
- Culturally sensitive to a broad and diverse client group with excellent interpersonal skills in engaging both a young and mature client base;
- Self-motivated and committed to making a difference in peoples lives;
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised;
- Hold a current ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence.
- Hold a current Working With Childrens Card
Shortlisting and interviews will commence as applications are submitted.
For more information contact HR on 9185 0122 or at firstname.lastname@example.org