EPIC is a not for profit organisation operating in the Pilbara Region of Western Australia. EPIC stands for empowering people in Communities and that is what we aim to do through a range of services that support many people to live a more connected life including disability services, career centres, parenting services and community programs.
Our team is committed to supporting people in the Pilbara Region to identify and achieve their goals in a respectful and culturally appropriate manner, and to explore every possible avenue for personal and community growth.
EPIC’s core values include reliability, trust, inclusion, consistency and being proactive and our vision is that all people are empowered and valued within the community.
Reporting to the Community Supervisor, you will be repsonsible facilitating front to end projects and programs, including community events, workshops and activities. In this role you will also be responsible for identifying and fostering development opportunities.
This is a Part-Time position of 30 hours per week.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain effective and timely communication protocols with Community Supervisor, Community Manager and community stakeholders;
- Responsible for the ongoing planning and delivery of scheduled funded programs;
- Undertake training and development as required to be able to effectively develop and facilitate programs;
- Assist development of project plans for new activities, programs and events;
- Attend networking meetings to promote the services to community groups and businesses;
- Ensure that the EPIC programs are delivered professionally and effectively;
- Complete all reporting requirements in a timely manner;
- Provide support to Community Supervisor to plan and deliver EPIC’s Calendar of Events and other program requirements,
- Undertake any other tasks as directed by the Community Programs Manager.
Experience and Selection Criteria
- Diploma or Degree in Event Management or delivering Training
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in event management or delivering of workshops and training
- Culturally sensitive to a broad and diverse client group with excellent interpersonal skills in engaging both a young and mature client base
- High level of initiative, coupled with creative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work across a range of projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised
- Proficient in computerised systems especially the Microsoft office suite of programs
- Hold a current ‘C’ Class Drivers License
- First Aid Certificate
- Working with Children’s Card
Shortlisting and interviews will be conducted as applications are received. The position will be withdrawn from SEEK when the position is filled.
For further information contact HR on 9185 0000 or email HR@empoweringpeople.org.au