Are you looking for that role that will allow you to keep your work – life balance in check? I think you may have found it!
EPIC is a not for profit organisation operating in the Pilbara Region of Western Australia. EPIC stands for empowering people in Communities and that is what we aim to do through a range of services that support many people to live a more connected life including disability services, career centres, parenting services and community programs.
Our team is committed to supporting people in the Pilbara Region to identify and achieve their goals in a respectful and culturally appropriate manner, and to explore every possible avenue for personal and community growth.
EPIC’s core values include reliability, trust, inclusion, consistency and being proactive and our vision is that all people are empowered and valued within the community.
As Community Coordinator you will report to the Community Manager and be responsible for facilitating front to end projects and programs, including running a broad range of community events, workshops and activities. In this role you will also be responsible for identifying and fostering development and funding opportunities.
This is a Part Time position of 22.5 hours per week.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain effective and timely communication protocols with Community Manager and other stakeholders,
- Plan, deliver and wrap up community events in line with EPIC’s calendar of events
- Undertake training and development as required to be able to effectively develop and facilitate programs;
- Assist with the development of project plans for new activities, programs and events;
- Attend networking meetings to promote the services to community groups and businesses,
- Ensure that the EPIC events and programs are delivered professionally and effectively;
- Complete all reporting requirements in a timely manner;
- Undertake any other tasks as directed by the Community Manager.
Experience and Selection Criteria
- Diploma or Degree in Event Management / Training delivery
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in event management
- Culturally sensitive to a broad and diverse client group with excellent interpersonal skills in engaging both a young and mature client base
- High level of initiative, coupled with creative skills
- A person who enjoys seeing others achieve their goals and become empowered through their achievements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work across a range of projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised
- Proficient in computerised systems especially the Microsoft office suite of programs
- Be an active listener
- Hold a current ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Working with Childrens Card
Shortlisting and interviews will be conducted as applications are received. The position will be withdrawn from SEEK when the position is filled.