About the Role:
EPIC is currently seeking an enthusiastic Community Coordinator to facilitate front to end projects and programs, including running a broad range of community events, workshops and activities.
This position will be based in Newman on a fixed-term, part time basis with 16.5 hours of work per week over 3 days (to be determined with successful applicant).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain effective and timely communication protocols with schools, training providers and industry and community organisations in delivering contemporary career development services
- Research, develop and facilitate appropriate career and employment workshops to the schools and wider community
- Provide one on one career guidance assistance to clients
- Undertake training and development as required to be able to effectively develop and facilitate programs
- Assist development of project plans for new activities, programs and events
- Attend and host networking meetings to promote the services to schools, training providers, community organisations and businesses
- Developing and running of career based workshops at the local high schools
- Identifying and fostering development opportunities and assisting in securing funding for development activities and programs
- Previous experience working in event/workshop planning and/or career guidance/education support
- Culturally sensitive to a broad and diverse client group with excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, committed and enthusiastic to making a difference
- High level of initiative, coupled with creative skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work across a range of projects concurrently
- Proficient in computerised systems especially the Microsoft office suite of programs
- The opportunity for a rewarding career in a creative and supportive community based setting, working for a not-for-profit
- Comprehensive training and ongoing support
- Salary packaging
- Attractive salary and leave entitlements
You will need:
- A satisfactory Police Certificate no older than 3 months
- Hold a current ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence
Please apply below and include your resume as well as a cover letter that demonstrates the key skills of the position.
For further information or to request a job description, please contact Brooklyn Noble, Corporate Coordinator on 9185 0000 or Brooklyn.email@example.com.
Shortlisting and interviews will commence immediately. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.