EPIC is a not for profit organisation operating in the Pilbara Region of Western Australia. EPIC stands for empowering people in Communities and that is what we aim to do through a range of services that support many people to live a more connected life including disability services, career centres, parenting services and community programs.
Our team is committed to supporting people in the Pilbara Region to identify and achieve their goals in a respectful and culturally appropriate manner, and to explore every possible avenue for personal and community growth.
EPIC’s core values include reliability, trust, inclusion, consistency and being proactive and our vision is that all people are empowered and valued within the community.
We are currently seeking a Disability Coordinator based in Hedland to coordinate and support the delivery of disability services for the people and families we support at EPIC. The successful candidate will lead a team of Support Workers and guide and support service offerings that improve the wellbeing and inclusion of individuals.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for the development and implementation high quality person-centred and individualised disability services for Support Workers to utlise in the Community;
• Lead a team of Support Workers and provide them with support and guidance in order to perform in their roles;
• Work in partnership with people and families who are seeking support and services in order to achieve their goals within approved funding allocations with the support of a Disability Supervisor;
• Work in partnerships with other stakeholders to promote and enhance EPIC’s services in the Community.
• Previous experience working in the disability and/or mental health sector;
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Service Standards;
• Knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme;
• Previous experience leading or mentoring team members;
• Clear written and verbal communication skills.
• A current C Class Drivers Licence;
• A Working with Children Check or be willing to obtain one;
• A satisfactory Police Check that is no older than 3 months.
If you are interested in a rewarding career working for a not-for-profit organisation, contract us today and see what employee benefits are available to you!