About the Role:
Based in South Hedland, as Disability Coordinator you will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of support and services for the people we support and their families. The services include but are not limited to improved well-being, community inclusion, healthy relationships, lifelong learning and skill development.
This position will be on a fixed-term, part time basis with 20 hours of work per week over 4 days (to be determined with successful applicant).
- Responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of high quality person-centred and individualised disability services.
- Line manage a team of Support Workers and provide them with guidance and support to carry out their duties to a high standard.
- Responsible for the recruitment and screenings of support staff in partnership with individuals and families.
- Work in partnership with people and families who are seeking support and services in order to achieve their goals within approved funding allocations.
- Work in partnerships with other stakeholders to promote and enhance EPIC’s services.
- Participate in the On Call service.
- Previous experience working in the disability and/or mental health sector
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Service Standards.
- Prior knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
- Previous experience line managing and mentoring staff.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant qualification (Cert III or higher) related to the disability/mental health sectors
- The opportunity for a rewarding career in a creative and supportive community based setting, working for a not-for-profit.
- Attractive package and leave entitlements.
- Salary sacrificing options.
- Airfare allowance.
You Will Need:
- A strong interest in supporting people with disabilities.
- A current Drivers Licence.
- A Working with Children Check or be willing to obtain one.
- A satisfactory Police Check that is no older than 3 months.
Please apply below including your resume as well as a cover letter that demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the position.
For further information or to request a job description, please contact Brooklyn Noble, Corporate Coordinator, on 9185 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.