About the Role:
Based in Karratha, and as Disability Services Coordinator you will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of support and services for Individuals and their family. The services include but are not limited to improved well being, community inclusion, healthy relationships, lifelong learning and skill development.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of high quality person-centred and individualised disability services.
- Line manage a team of Support Workers and provide them with guidance and support to carry out their duties to a high standard.
- Responsible for the recruitment and screenings of Support staff in partnership with individuals and families.
- Work in partnership with people and families who are seeking support and services in order to achieve their goals within approved funding level.
- Work in partnerships with other stakeholders to promote and enhance EPIC’s services.
- Participate in the On Call service.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Service Standards, Better Care Standards and Aboriginal Services Framework.
- Demonstrated examples of being proactive, using initiative and building positive working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a work group and support, mentor and coach staff.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, set priorities and monitor workflows.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and work within policies and procedures and adhere to the concept of confidentiality.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to use initiative and work productively including culturally sensitive in engaging with a broad range of stakeholders.
- The opportunity for a rewarding career in a creative and supportive community based setting, working for a not-for-profit.
- Attractive Package and leave entitlements.
- Salary sacrificing options up to $15,899 per annum.
- Airfare allowance.
You Will Need:
- Relevant experience/qualification to the Disability sector (desirable).
- A strong interest in supporting people with disabilities.
- A Current Driver Licence.
- A Working with Children Check or be willing to obtain one.
- A satisfactory Police Check that is no older than 3 months.
Please send your resume as well as a cover letter that demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information or to request a job description, please contact Romain Pignataro, Corporate Services Manager on 08 9185 1488 or email email@example.com
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.