Empowering People in Communities (EPIC) Inc. is a well-established organisation that values diversity and works in partnership with individuals and families to build a community where people with disability enjoy an inclusive life. At EPIC, we provide a wide range of services across the Pilbara from disability support to employment, career, community and parenting programs.
About the Role:
Based in Karratha and working across the Pilbara, as an experienced manager, you will be responsible for the development and the delivery of support and services to people with disability. You will provide leadership and support to your team in achieving the best outcomes for the people we support.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of high quality person-centred and individualised disability services throughout the Pilbara.
- Responsible for monitoring the operational standards, policies and procedures and delivering support and services in accordance with National Disability Service Standards, Quality Management Frameworks, Aboriginal Services Framework and Better Care Standards.
- Provide coaching and direction to the Disability Services team.
- Responsible for managing referrals, admissions and exits for services.
- Authorise quotes and funding plans to relevant bodies.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Comprehensive understanding of community networks and relevant legislation, such as the NDIS in Western Australia.
- The ability to work with people we support and their families in all aspects of service delivery and planning.
- Comprehensive knowledge, experience and management within Human Services, including strong financial and team management skills.
- The ability to achieve results within the disability sector, including funding bodies, as well as the ability to integrate disability services with mainstream health services
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to apply these skills with a wide range of employees, representatives, community organisations, people we support and their families and members of the public.
- The opportunity for a rewarding career in the Disability Sector working for a growing not-for-profit organisation.
- Attractive salary.
- Salary packaging benefits.
- + others.
You Will Need:
- A valid Driver’s Licence
- A Working with Children Check or be willing to obtain one
- A Satisfactory Police Certificate valid within the last 3 months
- Completion of tertiary level qualification relevant to Human Services.
Applications should include a resume and a covering letter (no more than 2 pages) addressing the key selection criteria of the position. Applications can be submitted via email.
Applications close Friday 28th December 2018. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Click here to apply for the Disability Services Manager position.