EPIC is a not for profit organisation operating in the Pilbara Region and Goldfields Region of Western Australia. EPIC stands for empowering people in Communities and that is what we aim to do through a range of services that support many people to live a more connected life including disability services, Jobs & Skills Centres, parenting services and community programs and events.
Our team is committed to supporting people in the Pilbara Region and Goldfields Region to identify and achieve their goals in a respectful and culturally appropriate manner, and to explore every possible avenue for personal and community growth.
EPIC’s core values include reliability, trust, inclusion, consistency and being proactive. Having staff that live those values is key to our organisation to deliver the best services we can.
Opportunity:We are currently seeking a Disability Support Coordinator based in Karratha. The objective of the role is to manage support services by linking participants with NDIS funding to the appropriate services and supports. This role is the link to providing all objectives for the participant on their NDIS Plan.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for connecting, liaising and working collaboratively with key stakeholders to establish effective linkages relevant to the achievement of the participants NDIS goals;
- Follows through with commitments and demonstrates the ability to fully engage participants and provide an ethical service that promotes the participants choice and control;
- Responsible for monitoring the support services provided to ensure that the participant is receiving quality support services and progressing towards their goals;
- Responsible for reporting on outcomes and service delivery against the participants plan;
- Responsible for coordinating and managing participant and stakeholder meetings;
- Responsible for advocating, engaging and/or liaising with services/providers where appropriate on behalf of participants;
- Responsible for updating all relevant NDIS and/or plan changes to service providers within appropriate time frames;
- Responsible for interpreting NDIS plans and follow best practice within EPIC to ensure that we maintain integrity around legislation and NDIS guidelines;
- Participate in the On-Call service on a rotational basis to ensure a flexible response to client needs and after-hours phone service
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, activing listening, empathy, social awareness and emotional intelligence in all communication with participants and their families;
- Demonstrated ability to build quality relationships and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders formally and informally to achieve intended outcomes for participants;
- Demonstrated high level of understanding of the NDIS guidelines, framework and person centred planning process;
- Demonstrated ability to be agile and creative to work in a fast-paced environment with regular changes in priorities and processes;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills to successfully identify problems, develop solutions and implement these using a logical and systematic approach;
- Hold a current ‘C Class’ licence;
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last three (3) months;
- Working with Children’s Check
- A rewarding career path
- Attractive salary
- Supportive community based setting
- Salary packaging
- Airfare Allowance
- Additional leave entitlements
If you would like more information, inclusive of a copy of the Position Description, please contact HR@empoweringpeople.org.au or call 9185 0022.
“EPIC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that embraces diversity in race, age, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation and disability”.