EPIC is a not for profit organisation operating in the Pilbara Region of Western Australia. EPIC stands for empowering people in Communities and that is what we aim to do through a range of services that support many people to live a more connected life including disability services, career centres, parenting services and community programs.
Our team is committed to supporting people in the Pilbara Region to identify and achieve their goals in a respectful and culturally appropriate manner, and to explore every possible avenue for personal and community growth.
EPIC’s core values include reliability, trust, inclusion, consistency and being proactive and our vision is that all people are empowered and valued within the community.
We are currently seeking 2 Disability Supervisors, 1 based in Karratha, and 1 based in Port Hedland, to lead all Coordinators and Aboriginal Liaison Officers to ensure the effectively delivery of disability support services across the position location.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and be passionate about supporting the community.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for ensuring the implementation and delivery of high quality Person-Centered and Individualised Disability Services throughout the Pilbara Region;
• Provide leadership, support and training to all Disability Coordinators and direct reports on Person-Centered service delivery to include:
o How to implement effective on the ground activities in line with funding;
o How to implement effective on the ground activities in line with what the client is funded for;
• Provide coaching, direction and support to the Coordinators in relation to their performance and role;
• Display visual leadership through conducting regular house visits to each Coordinator and Family;
• Set annual performance expectations for each Team Member and conduct a mid-year and end of year performance review;
• Support the Disability Manager with the end to end recruitment process for any vacancies within the Disability Team;
• Support the Disability Manager in resolving informal complaints raised by people accessing the service which may involve:
o Members of the Community;
o Team Members.
• Perform in the role of a Disability Coordinator as requested and when required;
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with relevant stakeholders and families;
• Support the EPIC Management Team to drive EPIC’s values, behaviours and vision throughout the Disability Team;
Support the EPIC Management Team to deliver professional and effective services to the Community.
• Diploma or Degree Qualification in the Community and/or Disability Field, and/or Leadership Management;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Community and/or Disability Field;
• Minimum 1 years’ experience in a Line Leadership position;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Programs
• Culturally sensitive to a broad and diverse client group with excellent interpersonal skills;
• Excellent organisational and effective time management skills;
• Hold a current ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence.