Who We Are
EPIC is a not for profit organisation operating in the Pilbara Region of Western Australia. EPIC stands for Empowering People In Communities and that is what we aim to do through a range of services that support many people to live a more connected life including disability services, Jobs & Skills Centres, parenting services and community programs.
Our aim is committed to supporting people in the Pilbara Region to identify and achieve their goals in a respectful and culturally appropriate manner, and to explore every possible avenue for personal and community growth.
EPIC’s core values include reliability, trust, inclusion, consistency and being proactive and our vision is that all people are empowered and valued within the community.
EPIC has opportunity for both Casual and Full Time support workers to assist us to provide disability support services in the Jigalong Community. If you have a good understanding of the needs of people with disability, working with Aboriginal people and have a passion for empowering people then consider this position right for you.
This objectives of the role are to work within a community setting to:
- Implement support services in alignment to individualized plans that ensure the participants have their individual care needs met,
- Support participants so that they have increased opportunities to access community, be independent, build skills and be empowered to make their own personal choices.
What are we looking for?
- Certificate III in Disability or working towards;
- Previous experience working in the disability and/or mental health sector;
- Previous experience in working within a regional and/or remote community;
- Good understanding of Aboriginal culture and protocols;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Service Standards and/or NDIS;
- A genuine interest in the well-being and inclusion of people with disabilities of all ages
If you would like to know more about this role and would like a copy of the position description, please contact our Human Resources team on 9185 0000 or email email@example.com
Shortlisting and interviews will be conducted as applications are received. The position will be withdrawn from SEEK when the position is filled.
EPIC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that embraces diversity in race, age, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation and disability.