Empowering People in Communities (EPIC) Inc. is a well-established not-for-profit organisation that specialises in improving employment outcomes together with Disabilities Support throughout the Pilbara. Our organisation is staffed by dedicated and committed people who work with individuals in a dignified and respectful way.
About the Role:
A individual that EPIC are supporting requires a Residential Support Worker to share their home and help the individual with community participation.
You will share this role with another Residential Support Worker so that the individual has 24×7 support.
• Provide day to day care and support to an individual in their own home and community which include the following activities but are not limited to personal care, meal preparation, transport to appointments, domestic assistance, social support and administration of medication.
• Develop and maintain a strong and professional relationship with the individual and the Disability Service Coordinator; assisting the individual to maintain their community connections as well as maintaining regular, open and honest communication.
• Assist the individual to identify new opportunities for inclusion in community activities, skill development and self-direction.
• Assist them to develop friendships, informal supports and maintain existing relationships.
• Provide opportunities for the individual to positively experience recreational and social activities and free time in their home.
• Liaise with family, therapists, GP and other relevant parties to ensure health and wellbeing is maintained at a high level.
• Supporting the individual to maintain their household to a good living standard
• Demonstrated value of respect, patience and empathy for people with disability.
• Experience supporting people with a disability in a professional or personal role, or demonstrated values commensurate with those of EPIC. These include reliability, trust, consistency, being proactive and supporting inclusion for people with a disability.
• Ability and willingness to uphold high standards of reliability.
• Be confident to undertake manual handling tasks.
• High level of verbal communication skills.
• Evidence of working as a positive team member with a high level of initiative and problem solving skills.
• The opportunity for a rewarding career in the Disability Sector working for a not-for-profit
• Attractive Remuneration Package
• Other package benefits
You Will Need:
• A strong interest in supporting people with a disability.
• Experience in the disability sector or similar support role (desirable).
• A current Driver Licence.
• A current First Aid certificate, or be willing to obtain one within 60 days of employment.
• A satisfactory Police Check that is no older than 3 months.
Candidates with experience in a similar role will be highly regarded.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
For more information please contact our HR Team on 9185 0000.