About the Role:
Responsible to the Disability Coordinator, provide one to one support to people with mental health conditions and/or disabilities which includes but is not limited to developing the person’s daily living skills, providing assistance with personal care needs, facilitating community access, promoting the person’s independence and personal goals, assisting with medication and other duties as specified in the person’s support plan.
This position is part time starting at approximately 10 hours per week, with the potential to increase.
- Provide support services in accordance with the person’s plan.
- Support the person to develop their independence, skills and engage in lifelong learning and community based activities of their choice.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with key stakeholders including the person, their family, medical professionals, therapists and fellow Support Workers.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the person’s goals and support requirements.
- Record and maintain accurate and up to date progress notes made towards the person’s goals.
- Administer medications in accordance to schedule and as required.
Key Position Requirements:
- Ability to work in a way that is empowering and values people with a disability.
- Demonstrated productive team work and collaboration.
- Be able to communicate in a clear, open and honest manner.
- Capacity to manage conflict and utilise de-escalation strategies.
- Understand the needs of vulnerable people and be able to use your own initiative.
- Understand EPIC’s values of integrity, respect, innovation and excellence and a willingness to promote them.
- The opportunity for a rewarding career in a creative and supportive community based setting, working for a not-for-profit.
- Attractive package and leave entitlements.
- Salary sacrificing options.
You Will Need:
- A satisfactory Police Check that is no older than 3 months.
- A Current ‘C’ class Drivers Licence.
- A reliable vehicle that can be used for work purposes (covered by full comprehensive insurance).
- A current First Aid Certificate, or the ability to obtain one within three months of employment.
- Relevant qualification/experience in supporting people with mental health issues.
Please apply below including your resume as well as a cover letter that demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the position.
For further information or to request a job description, please contact Brooklyn Noble, Corporate Coordinator, on 9185 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.