Responsible to the Disability Services Coordinator and Disability Services Manager to support people with disability to achieve the goals identified in their individual plan.
1. Follow individual plans; take direction from the individual, their family and EPIC Coordinators.
2. Assist people to identify new opportunities for inclusion in community activities, skill development and self-direction.
3. Support people to develop skills and engage in lifelong learning.
4. Support people to be active participants in community based activities of their choice.
5. Provide personal care for individuals as required.
6. Administer medications from blister packs with care and according to schedule prescribed by the GP.
7. Assist with meal preparation as required with involvement of the person.
8. Assist with domestic chores as required with involvement of the person.
9. Provide regular feedback to the Coordinator on progress towards goals identified in the person’s individual plan.
1. Demonstrated value of respect for people with disability.
2. Experience supporting people with a disability in a professional or personal role, or demonstrated values commensurate with those of EPIC. These include reliability, trust, consistency, being proactive and supporting inclusion for people with a disability.
3. Evidence of effective written, oral and / or signing communication skills.
4. Evidence of working as a positive team member.
5. Driver’s license and own vehicle which can be used for work purposes.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance. A Working With Children’s Card is required if supporting children under the age of 18.