About the Organisation
Empowering People in Communities (EPIC) Inc. is a well-established not for profit organisation that specialises in improving employment outcomes together with Disabilities Support throughout the Pilbara.
Our organisation is staffed by dedicated and committed people who work with individuals in a dignified and respectful way.
About the role
EPIC is looking for a reliable, enthusiastic and caring support worker to join our team in Newman on a casual basis with around 6 hours of work per week. If you enjoy working with a great variety of people, empowering and assisting people with disability to reach their goals, and helping others feel valued and respected we would love to hear from you.
- Follow individual plans; take direction from the individual, their family and EPIC Coordinators.
- Assist people to identify new opportunities for inclusion in community activities, skill development and self-direction.
- Support people to develop skills and engage in lifelong learning.
- Support people to be active participants in community based activities of their choice.
- Provide personal care for individuals as required.
- Demonstrated value of respect for people with disability.
- Experience supporting people with a disability in a professional or personal role, or demonstrated values commensurate with those of EPIC. These include reliability, trust, consistency, being proactive and supporting inclusion for people with a disability.
- Evidence of working as a positive team member.
- Swimming skills or lifeguarding/swim teacher experience.
- Satisfactory Police clearance
- Working with Children check if working with minors
- Driver’s license and own vehicle which can be used for work purposes.
- First Aid certificate
Please apply below and include your resume as well as a cover letter that demonstrates the key skills of the position.
For further information or to request a job description, please contact Brooklyn Noble, Corporate Services Coordinator on 9185 1488 or Brooklyn.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisting and interviews will commence immediately. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.